I thought about how G.K. Chesterton views the world. He suggests that God is like a child who never gets tired of the same game. While I might get bored of seeing the sun rise every single day, God is perhaps leaning over the edge of heaven saying, "Do it again!" to the sun. This perspective has changed how I look at my time in this master's program.
The rhythm of reading, reflecting, posting, and responding can feel very repetitive. It is easy to see these tasks as just boxes to check. However, God has used this very monotony to build something steady in me. Through the consistent habit of opening books and engaging with my peers, I have developed a disciplined heart. God is not just in the big mountain-top moments. He is in the quiet, daily act of showing up. He has produced in me a spirit that is not easily shaken by change because I have learned to find Him in the routine.
This reminds me of the practice of silence and solitude. At first, sitting in silence feels incredibly uncomfortable. It is the same chair, the same quiet, and the same internal struggle every time. It seems monotonous because nothing "happens." But when I look at the world around me, the way the grass grows or how the seasons slowly turn, I see that God loves slow work. Silence becomes a source of enjoyment because it allows me to admire His creation without the noise of my own voice.
Because of the accountability from my professors and fellow students, I have become a leader who is more grounded. They have held me to a standard of excellence that I could not reach alone. I am now a person who values the community of the church more than the isolation of my own ideas. To the glory of God, I am becoming a shepherd who finds joy in the simple, repetitive work of loving people.
No comments:
Post a Comment