He Restores My Soul
(Psalm 23)
One practice I have deepened during this course is the intentional study of Scripture. I have learned to sit quietly in my time with the Lord and read his word with a fresh perspective. Instead of reading to check a box or prepare a sermon, I am reading for the primary purpose of getting to know our Father better. This shift from a task-oriented approach to a relational one has changed how I view my daily rhythms. It is no longer about gathering information but about being present with God.
I chose this practice because I often face the pressure of a busy schedule and the "detrimental system" of constant productivity. As a leader and a student, it is easy to let my own spiritual life become secondary to the needs of others. By slowing down to study, I am strengthened as an agent of God's mission. This practice anchors me. It ensures that when I enter systems of accountability, I am doing so from a place of spiritual fullness rather than exhaustion. It creates a space where I can hear the voice of the Father clearly before I try to lead his people.
This focus on slow, relational study feels different than my previous experiences with hospitality. While hospitality is an outward expression of love, this kind of study is the inward fuel that makes outward love possible. In our class discussions about the church as a sent community, I have realized that we cannot be sent effectively if we do not know the Heart of the one who sends us. Taking my time with the Word has enlivened my thinking by showing me that my maturity is not measured by how much I do, but by how well I know Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment