Accountability is a necessary part of the Christian walk, if we want to grow. In my own life, I am learning that it is a form of redemptive grace. As I study in my master's program and lead our home church, God is transforming my view of what it means to stay on track. This week, I have felt a shift toward a signature redemptive element of transparency. I used to think a leader must appear perfect to be effective. Now, I see that my own need for Jesus is what helps me assess reality with others.
Assessing reality is the first step of true accountability. It requires us to look at our lives without hiding. For the young families in our church plant, a traditional building often feels like a place where they must wear a mask. This week, my practice of honest reflection helped me see where I was relying on my own strength. When I am honest about my gaps, it strengthens my resolve to pursue godly goals. It also gives others permission to do the same. This creates a culture where we do not just talk about the Great Commission but actually live it out together.
Perseverance is built in these honest moments. I resonate with the idea that accountability is a gift that keeps us from drifting. It is a vital tool that we must use to support one another. As I am being trained and transformed, I believe God will use my journey to help others find their footing. Whether we are starting new home churches or raising young children, we need this structure to stay the course. It is how we move from being individuals to being a true network of disciples. This truth is found in Ecclesiastes 4:9-10: "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."
No comments:
Post a Comment