Thursday, April 3, 2025

10.1 Work and Rest

 Work and Rest Exercise:

“Prayer also includes times of rest, writes Evelyn Underhill. Perhaps you have been pressing too hard in your times of prayer. Allow yourself to experience a little holy leisure this week, knowing that there is a time to work and a time to rest. To deny this is to work against the rhythms of God.”


It is amazing how the Lord will show us things over and over again in different ways. I taught my church members about prayer last week and also ended up designing a prayer journal earlier this week that will be sold on amazon. Then I read the reading for this week on “what do we mean by prayer.” I loved that Underhill discusses the necessity of resting. This could not have fallen on a better week. 

I recently went on a trip to Orlando for a huge church planting conference called Exponential. Before the trip I was working myself way too much to prepare for leaving. Then we returned home and I was sick and trying to catch up on everything I missed while also helping our son get back into the swing of homeschool. It was hectic and exhausting. I have been exhausted since coming back. After reading the text from Underhill it really helped me reframe my mind, I needed to stop and rest. 

In my prayer times the last few days I have really been focusing on rest. I have been letting God speak more and silencing myself. This has allowed me to find rest in him. I am beginning to be regrounded since getting back. God’s been showing me that I need to rest in Him more and allow everything else to fall into place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Planning and Spiritual Accounting Course

This course has allowed me to look at how God works through my past and my present. I have seen that God does not waste any experience. My r...