Saturday, March 8, 2025

Believing in the Bible

A couple weeks ago I started a new daily Bible plan, where I read a couple chapters from the Old Testament and New Testament, much like Wesley would do. I do not know how to explain it but it feels more “well-rounded” reading the Bible this way. The Lord has really been showing me things I have not caught before when I have read the same chapters before. 

Today, I was reading Matthew Chapter 10 where Jesus was commissioning the 12 disciples to go out on their mission to drive out evil spirits and heal every disease and sickness. As I continued to read the chapter, something that stuck out to me, that had not before, was the second part of verse 8, “...Freely you received, freely give.” God said to me in this moment “Jesus freely gave us our gifts. We must freely use those gifts for his glory.” At times we waste the gifts God has given us by either not using it at all or using the gifts in ways that do not glorify him. Do not neglect your God given gifts, use them in a way that gives him the Glory!

As I continued to read, another verse really stuck out to me. Verse 13, “and if the household is worthy, let your peace be on it; but if it is unworthy, let your peace return to you.” The Father kindly said to me, “do not let things that are unworthy take your peace.” I do not know about you, but I needed to hear this. More often then I would like to admit, I allow my worry to take my peace. But Worry is not worthy to take my peace, so I will continue to commit my worry to God today and everyday. I chose today to stop allowing it to take my peace, it is unworthy to do so. I challenge you to do the same if you also struggle with this!


(  I drew this when thinking about what to write -Shelby Folkerts  )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Planning and Spiritual Accounting Course

This course has allowed me to look at how God works through my past and my present. I have seen that God does not waste any experience. My r...