Thursday, November 28, 2024

14.1 Daily Routine


                A lot of times, our daily routines can consist of waking up, checking our phones, getting ready for the day, and then going through the rest of the day trying to keep up with never-ending tasks. Which leads to being exhausted and possibly even burnt out. I genuinely believe that how our day starts can affect the rest of the day, so instead of checking our phones first thing in the morning, why don’t we talk to God and read his word?

                In order to see transformation in our lives we must be open to receiving the work of God and open to responding to this gift from him. Giving him control of our lives and doing what he says, will benefit us immensely. That is why this week, I chose to be more consistent in my morning prayer and reading routine.

                This week's challenge in class was establishing a daily routine of reading His Word and Praying. This is something that I already do daily, but lately, I have been slacking on consistency with the time. I have been doing my Bible time whenever I would get the opportunity instead of sticking to my previous schedule of first thing in the morning.

                So, this week, I challenged myself to get back on schedule. I would wake up, get my coffee or Celsius, and then head to the front porch with my Bible. I would begin my time with worship some days, and others, I would go straight into the Word. Then I would go through a devotional and end my time in prayer. I noticed that when I keep the schedule of doing this first thing in the morning, I feel less anxious and less stressed throughout the day. Even the difficult days feel less heavy. This week showed me truly how necessary it is that I make God my priority first thing in the morning. I plan to continue this habit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Planning and Spiritual Accounting Course

This course has allowed me to look at how God works through my past and my present. I have seen that God does not waste any experience. My r...