Saturday, December 6, 2025

2 Key Takeaways from my Spiritual Discipline's Class

 

2 Key Takeaways from my Spiritual Discipline's Class

Between my M.Div. classes at Wesley Seminary, counseling, and leading Family Gathering Church on Tuesday nights, life is busy! I need my faith to be simple and real. This spiritual disciplines class wasn't just homework; it changed how I look at our time together in the living room.

Here are the 2 most important things I learned that are shaping how we do discipleship at FGC:


1. Doing life together is a spiritual habit.

This class served as a good reminder that spiritual growth DOES NOT only happen when I am alone with my Bible or talking to God. Actually, this class reminded me that being together is one of the most powerful ways God changes us. Our FGC home church (sharing that meal, praying with little kids running around, and really listening to each other) isn't just a friendly gathering; it’s actually a core spiritual discipline (it’s called Fellowship!). We can't grow into Christ-likeness all by ourselves. We need that community support and honesty to keep us going.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

1 Thessalonians 5:11

2. The goal is simple: Grow so we can help others grow.

We started Family Gathering Church because we want to see people deeply rooted in faith, not just in a building. This class confirmed that the point of disciplines is to train us to be leaders who can plant more seeds. My quiet time isn't just for my personal peace; it's training for the mission. If I am disciplined, I can teach and send out others to start their own simple home churches. The real win isn't how big our living room gets; it’s how many new, simple churches we can start because our people are formed and ready to lead the Great Commission.

"Now all the believers were together and held all things in common. They sold their possessions and property and distributed the proceeds to all, as any had need. Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with joyful and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved. "

Acts 2:44-47

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Planning and Spiritual Accounting Course

This course has allowed me to look at how God works through my past and my present. I have seen that God does not waste any experience. My r...