Thursday, January 30, 2025

2nd Semester Begins!

What are you expecting God to do in you this semester through this class in spiritual formation? 

Something I loved about this class last semester was the fact that it felt like a support class. I mean this in the best way. Seminary is much more intense than I was expecting. This class became a class that I knew I would enjoy and not feel as stressed in. Being in a master's program previously, I assumed that this program would be the "same." Something the Lord has shown me so far is that I must FULLY rely on him through this. 

In my other program, counseling, it came naturally and I am ashamed to say, I did not lean on God as much as I should have in that program. It came so naturally that in some ways, unintentionally, I did not feel that I had to rely on God as much to get me through it. 

One night last semester, I was sitting there struggling to finish an assignment. I began to cry and ask God, why am I struggling so badly? Counseling was so easy for me, why is this so difficult? God stopped me and told me to write this down "this is harder for you, because you need to rely on Me more." I immediately felt peace.  In that moment, God showed me that Seminary will not be possible for me if I rely on myself, and I can get through this only by relying on him.    



I share this because this is what I am hoping for in this class. I am trusting that the Lord will use this class as a re-grounding class when seminary feels difficult.  I am committing to fully rely on God through it all. I am committing to giving up control daily, and I am committing to never giving up

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Planning and Spiritual Accounting Course

This course has allowed me to look at how God works through my past and my present. I have seen that God does not waste any experience. My r...