A few weeks ago while in my time of morning devotion, the Lord convicted my heart on control. I am not controlling of other people but I am controlling over my schedule. This is due to my struggles with anxiety. I tell my clients who struggle with anxiety that anxiety is a feeling that stems from a feeling of loss of control. I often tell them to ask themselves, "What are you trying to control in this moment?" when they feel anxious. This will help them switch to the more "logical" side of the brain rather than the emotional. I have been working on taking my own advice. Daily I have been giving up my desire to control my anxiety and my worries to the Father. I have seen a lot of improvement in just this short amount of time.
Thursday, September 26, 2024
6.1 What is your soul revealing to you?
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6).
The Lord has also revealed to me that he desired for me to spend more time with him in nature. Since he gave me this word, I have been doing my morning devotions outside on my front porch. It has been very healing and has reduced my anxiety even more. I look forward to this time with him every morning. I love hearing and seeing his creation while I read his word and talk to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflecting on Planning and Spiritual Accounting Course
This course has allowed me to look at how God works through my past and my present. I have seen that God does not waste any experience. My r...
-
I often think about the image of a home where every room is open for guests, yet one door remains firmly locked. We might tell ourselves tha...
-
John Calvin said we should "almost forget ourselves and in surely neglecting all selfish aspects." This idea became very clear whe...
-
I thought about how G.K. Chesterton views the world. He suggests that God is like a child who never gets tired of the same game. While I mig...
No comments:
Post a Comment